At Fitz-Gerald's we have always been flexible around cost, tailoring the cost to meet every budget. Each family will dictate the cost of the funeral.
There are two parts to a funeral bill:
1. Funeral Directors Charges
Funeral director’s charges include:
- The coffin, as selected by the family.
- Removal of remains from place of death to our funeral home for embalming, preparation, dressing and presentation of the deceased for viewing at the funeral home and/or return to the family home, or a Church.
- Liaising with all third parties.
- Attend, oversee and officiate during the course of the funeral.
Funeral Home is available to you and your family at no additional cost/ charge.
It is possible to have a combination of a private family wake at home followed by a public viewing at the Funeral Home. This combines tradition while also removing the stress of opening your house up to potentially large numbers of visitors.
Disbursements and expenses are paid on behalf of the family. They can include any or none of the following, depending on the requirements of the family. As part of our service we will discuss the most appropriate elements for you.
- Grave Opening, preparing & closing
- Purchase of Plot (depends on location) per single plot
- Offering to the Clergy
- Altar Servers
- Offering to the Church
- Offering for Music at funeral service
- Cremation fees varied
- Newspaper death notice announcement
- Local Radio Death Notice Announcement
- RIP.ie, web based death notice announcement
- Floral Tributes Silk & Fresh (Wreaths)
- Funeral Streaming
- Cremation Medical Certificate
A Funeral can be costly but does not need to be. We can advise you on what elements may be most appropriate for you when you call us.